You need to be security conscious while leaving your home. Keeping your home secured is very important while you are away.
The following are some security tips that you must observe before leaving home:
- Secure your home before leaving. Close and lock all windows and doors, garages and gates.
- Lock all jewellery, important documents, money and other valuables in a safe place.
- Unplug all electronics and electrical appliances. You make sure that your TV, radio etc, is not plugged into any socket. Ensure that all the sockets are switched off. Also the ceiling fans are switched off. Check your stove or gas cooker that it’s turned off.
- Switch on outside lights (security lights) only to illuminate your surroundings at night (Remember to replace burn-out light bulbs). Don’t switch on the lights inside your house. Make sure those lights in your rooms are switched off.
- Ask a trusted friend, colleague or neighbour to help check your home periodically while you are away.
Another thing I will like to add is to commit your home into the safe hands of God who will keep it secured for you till you get back.
This few security tips will keep your home safe and secured in your absence.