Parents need to teach their children some security measures to take because of what’s happening nowadays.
Below are some of some vital security tips for children:
- Teach your children never to admit strangers into the home.
- Teach your children to call the local emergency phone number when there is a need for it. Lagos state emergency phone numbers are 112 and 767. Ensure that younger children know their address.
- Teach your children how to exit the house in case of emergency.
- Get to know all the friends your children have. Also, let them know all your friends.
- Caution teenagers about “blind dates” or meeting anyone they do not know.
- Teach your children not to open mails or packages without your knowledge.
- Teach your children how to answer a phone call so that they do not give out personal information, such as home address, absence of adults, etc.
- Teach your children how to say “NO” to strangers.
Teaching your children all these security tips will give you peace of mind when you are absent.