Happiness is one of the important things in life. It leads to excitement and joy. It is an emotion of being happy.
Happiness contributes to your well-being. It leads to contentment, comfort and peace. If you lack this, then you need to check yourself and know what to do.
Many are not feeling that happiness they desired to have in marriage. They are tired of being together with their spouse. But when you see that the joy is not there due to some attitudes you observed in your spouse or your own lifestyle, then you need to know what is causing it and work towards finding the right solution.
There are some habits which you think is normal but not. You think doing it has nothing to do with your marriage . You don’t know that it does a lot, because it is destroying your home little by little.
Therefore, some of those destructive habits that must be avoided for you to experience happiness in your marriage are as follows:
- Avoid Lying: You might be lying to cover up something which you know that is wrong. You might be lying, trying to defend yourself or protect your interest. I want you to know that no matter how long you keep telling lies, the truth will be revealed one day. From then you will not be trusted again even though you are telling the truth. Every of your words will not be believed since you are known as a liar. It’s better to stop telling lies from this moment you are reading this and turn a new leaf. Being honest and loyal is the key factor here. You must be truthful always. Being truthful builds trust. You will be defended when you are absent because your spouse know what you can do since you are known to be honest. Tell the truth and be set free.
- Avoid Adultery: You have to be satisfied with your spouse. Be contented with what you have. Instead of engaging in adultery, why not correct that which is faulty in your spouse that makes you look out. Husbands, be satisfied with the wife of your youth. Engaging in extramarital affairs has a lots of effects in marriage. Practising it is transferable because your child might follow your footsteps. Spiritually, having sex with others you are not married to have its own consequences. Even medically you will be opened to sexually transmitted diseases (STD) or infections (STI) such as HIV/AIDS, Gonorrhea, Syphilis etc. If you don’t stop, you might not progress than this and also at the end you will regret it. In order not to regret in life, it’s better not to engage in any extramarital affairs.
- Avoid Foolish Talking, Coarse Jesting Which Are Not Fitting: Be cautious of what comes from your mouth to your spouse. Don’t make dirty and unpleasant jokes that will result in what you cannot handle. Know what your spouse can joke with and its limit. Don’t hesitate to apologize if you say something wrong. When you say something annoying, apologize first than trying to defend yourself.
- Avoid Covetousness: Wives, don’t compare your husband with others richer than them. Husbands, don’t compare your wife with others. Be satisfied with your spouse. If you are not satisfied with your spouse, you will not be happy. Discuss that issue bothering your mind with your spouse and settle it amicably.
- Avoid What You Need to Avoid for Peace to Reign: You are one flesh. There are other things must be avoided for you to experience the happiness you desire. Know what you both like and dislike and keep to it.
Hence, these things must be avoided to ensure happiness in your marriage. You will experience that joy, comfort and peace in your home when you avoid all these; and nothing will trouble your mind because you are happy.
Question: What other things do you think must be avoided to allow peace to reign? Kindly share your opinion below.