Delicious and crunchy, apple is one of the most popular and favourite fruits among the health conscious fitness lovers who firmly believe that health is wealth.
This wonderful fruit contains rich phyto-nutrients that, in true sense, indispensable for optimal health. Certain antioxidants in apple have several health promoting and disease prevention properties, and thereby, truly justifying the adage, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away.”
The health benefits of apple:
- Apples are filled with soluble fibers which which help to reduce intestinal disorders.
- It helps in controlling insulin levels by releasing sugar slowly into the bloodstream.
- It cleanses and detoxifies the body. It helps in eliminating heavy metals, such as lead and mercury.
- Apple pectin helps to reduce cholesterol levels by lowering insulin secretion.
- It lowers the risk for respiratory diseases. Researchers found out that eating five apples a week reduced asthma.
- Apples strengthen the heart.
- It lubricates the lungs. This decreases mucous and increase body fluids.
- It prevents the formation of kidney stones.
- It reduces skin diseases.
- According to a Brazilian study, eating an apple before a meal helped women lose 33% more weight than those who didn’t.
- An apple has only 50-80 calories and has no fat or sodium.
- Apples provide a source of potassium which may promote heart health.