Emotion is defined as a person’s internal state of being and involuntary physiological response to an object or a situation, based on or tied to physical state and sensory data.
There are negative emotions that you must allow because they are healthy. They help in personal development and positive living. Allowing them will help you develop a healthy attitude towards your body and state of health.
You cannot be experiencing the positive aspects of life which bring positive emotions without experiencing the negative side also. It has to be balanced. To live positively, you must not avoid these negative emotions because it’s part of life. This now depends on how you handle it and that’s what I will talk about today.
Healthy Negative Emotions You Must Allow Yourself to Experience
- Feel Concerned: When you feel concerned about others, it shows that you care. Even when you have challenges, you will feel concerned. This allows you to think right on finding the right solution to that problem which you are concerned.
- Sadness: It is the opposite of happiness which you must experience as part of living. It makes you think better in a different way. It makes you feel concern on what you never thought of when you are happy. One thing I also discovered was that it makes you remember God and your heart get connected to Him, thereby your feelings, thoughts and prayers get to your Creator – Answered Prayers. Don’t lose hope about the future. You might be sad today, but you will surely be happy tomorrow.
- Annoyance: Whenever someone breaks your rules, threatens or frustrates you, don’t feel indifferent, be healthily annoyed and try to deal with the situation constructively.
- Remorse: When you experience self-blaming guilt, you will either be so consumed with your own wickedness that you won’t learn from your errors or you will be motivated to deny responsibility for your behaviour. Learn from your errors and make appropriate amends for your behaviour. Desist from damming yourself as an unworthy, evil sinner because it can only encourage you to act badly in the future.
- Disappointment: People who experience hurt and self-pity tend to withdraw from constructive communication rather than engage in it. Don’t be discouraged because you were disappointed. I want you to know that every disappointment is a blessing.
Don’t underestimate yourself or the ability to cope. When you encounter negativity in your life, it is healthy for you be concerned, sad, annoyed, remorseful or disappointed.